Downtown Fort Lauderdale, long overlooked, is experiencing a startling resurgence as new high-rise residential projects spring up. A construction crane marks the spot where the 100 Las Olas hotel and condo tower, which will be Broward County’s tallest building, is under construction. For many years, as once-dismal downtowns in Miami and West Palm Beach were transformed by sweeping redevelopment and an influx of fresh-faced residents hungry for some urban sizzle, Fort Lauderdale’s city center remained, by comparison, an overlooked patch of the sleepy streetscape. How swiftly things change in South Florida. Fort Lauderdale’s compact, riverside downtown has suddenly become the region’s latest boomtown, bristling with construction cranes and a jostling urban nightlife scene.
Bordered on three sides by water, Fort Lauderdale’s downtown is one of the most accessible in South Florida. A five-minute drive from the beach or a 20-minute boat ride to the picturesque barrier islands that define this region has long been considered an ideal spot for life both inside and outside the city center. High-rise condominium buildings line Fort Lauderdale beach from 17th Street to A1A. The city is one of many top U.S. vacation destinations where condo values have increased during the economic downturn. Many people are buying now as a haven investment or as future retirement homes. Here are some of the top reasons why to buy a condo in Downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- The airport is among the fastest-growing in our country, which will sustain this area’s growth as it attracts more tourists and second residences. The Port Everglades location, only second to Miami for cruise ships thanks to its proximity with Florida Bay, makes it an ideal spot for commercial shipping ventures!
- There’s so much to see and do around Downtown Fort Lauderdale that it is difficult to pick just one singular activity. The beach, deep-sea fishing, parasailing, jet-skiing, paddle boarding, or snorkeling are all popular choices for things to do while here.
- The vibrant nightlife scene fuels everyone’s passion while nearby restaurants provide excellent food options late at night so guests can enjoy world-class cuisine before their evening performances at “The Broward Center For Performing Arts.” With plenty of cultural events happening around town throughout any given week, there’s always something new happening in Downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- The downtown area is also home to many of Fort Lauderdale’s most fascinating historical sites, with activities like boating and fishing keeping people active year-round. The ever-popular “Riverwalk” outdoor dining experience offers people the opportunity to eat lunch or dinner along the Las Olas River.
- Fort Lauderdale is on the verge of a public transportation revolution with sleek, modern trains connecting Miami and West Palm Beach. The ultra-modern ‘Brightline’ system might become more than just an express route from one city to another; it could also serve as an ideal commuter train for people living between these two bustling metropolises who want less time getting downtown than what 30 minutes will give them!
- Exemplary Education. Fort Lauderdale is not just an ideal place to live, but it’s also one of the best places to raise a family. The city has over 70 schools in its area, including educational institutions nationally recognized for their excellent standards and curriculum! Among the most notable are Nova Southeastern University, Broward College, American Heritage, Saint Thomas Aquinas, and many more.
- The beach is just a short walk away, and the open waters of the Atlantic Ocean provide for an endless array of water sports! There’s plenty of shopping, dining, and access to public transportation too, which means you can live your life hassle-free.
A visit to Ft. Lauderdale is an unforgettable experience that will leave you feeling relaxed, refreshed, and ready for anything! Sun-kissed skin or moonlit walks on the beach; this town offers it all in one beautiful location. The perfect getaway is waiting for you in Downtown Fort Lauderdale. The city has it all, from high-end condos with luxurious amenities and finishes to stunning water views that will leave your heart at peace! There’s no going back after experiencing this chic destination, so make sure not to miss out on what life here offers by booking a trip today. For more information on a condo in Downtown Fort Lauderdale contact Josh Dotoli INFO@DOTOLIGROUP.COM at 954.290.4793.